Breathing Techniques to Help You Feel Less Stressed
When you’re stressed out or overwhelmed, it can often feel impossible to calm yourself down. However, there are certain techniques that may be able to help. One such technique is deep breathing. This is a powerful option because it is available to you at any time and in any place. When you breathe deeply, signals are sent to your brain that help slow your heart rate and minimize stress levels. To utilize this approach to stress reduction, follow these steps:
- If you are able to, find a place where you can sit or lie down with your eyes closed.
- Exhale completely through your mouth.
- Take a breath in through your nose for a count of 5 to 6 seconds.
- Hold the breath in for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Exhale through your mouth for a count of 7 to 8 seconds.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 a few times, until you begin to feel calm.
While it may not eliminate your stress completely, breathing deeply can help you calm down so that you can manage the situation at hand more easily.
Try practicing this breathing technique at your apartment home. PepperTree has several beautiful, professionally designed apartment homes available for rent near The Villages, FL. If you’d like to learn more about our community, contact our leasing office.