How to Make Almond Milk at Home
Almond milk can be a delicious and low-calorie alternative to cow’s milk. With its subtle nutty taste and wide array of nutrients – including calcium and vitamin E – almond milk can be used as a refreshing drink, coffee creamer, smoothie additive, soup base, and more.
Those who want to enjoy the benefits of this delicious beverage and would like to try making it at home simply need to follow these steps to make approximately 33 ounces of almond milk:
- Get 1 cup of raw organic sprouted almonds and soak them overnight (for at least 12 hours) in filtered water with ½ teaspoon of sea salt.
- When the almonds are done soaking, rinse them well and mix them with 4 cups of filtered water in a blender. Make sure not to fill the blender completely, as the mixture will expand when blended.
- Blend for several minutes until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Use cheesecloth to strain the mixture into a large bowl.
- Put the strained mixture back in the blender in order to thoroughly blend it with vanilla, honey, or any other preferred sweetener.
- Pour your almond milk into a pitcher and store it in the fridge. Make sure to use it within a week.
Anyone who would like to make almond milk or try their hand at a different recipe will have ample space to do so in the spacious kitchens found in Peppertree Apartment Homes. Our apartments near The Villages, FL, come equipped with glass top stoves, oversized wood cabinetry, and large 18-cubic-foot refrigerators. To learn more about our homes, contact us today or stop by our leasing office for a tour.