Different Ways to Eat Cottage Cheese
Sometimes overlooked by cheese lovers, cottage cheese has numerous nutritional benefits. For instance, one cup of cottage cheese averages about 28 grams of protein and 138 milligrams of calcium. The protein in this cheese helps individuals maintain muscle health and feel full longer while the calcium aids with bone health.
Those who are interested in adding more cottage cheese to their diet may want to consider the following ways to enjoy this healthy cheese:
- For a sweet treat, mix half a cup of cottage cheese with a tablespoon of fruit jam
- Add a half cup of cottage cheese to a smoothie for a protein boost
- Use cottage cheese in place of sour cream for wraps, salads, and dips
- Add a cup of cottage cheese per 6 ounces of spaghetti – instead of remaining lumpy, the cottage cheese will melt, resulting in a creamier and healthy pasta dish
- Make one delicious serving of pancakes by combining ¼ cup of ground oats, ½ a cup of cottage cheese, 2 egg whites, 3 tablespoons of milk, and a couple of tablespoons of pancake mix
- Turn a baked white potato or sweet potato into a satisfying side dish by cutting it open, sprinkling with your preferred seasonings, and then topping it with cottage cheese and salsa
- Add cottage cheese to scrambled eggs for a creamy breakfast dish
You’ll find it easy to make any of these delicious, healthy cottage cheese dishes in the ample kitchens of our apartments close to The Villages, FL. To learn about PepperTree Apartment Homes, contact us or stop by our leasing office for a tour today.