How to Make Cuban-Style Rice Pudding
Rice pudding is known for being an inexpensive and easy-to-make dessert. Although this dish is made in many different parts of the world, countries oftentimes put their own unique spin on it. This means that the rice pudding someone would enjoy in Denmark, for instance, would be much different than the variation of pudding served in India.
Anyone who wants to try a variation of rice pudding might want to start with Cuban arroz con leche. That’s because arroz con leche – which is Spanish for “rice pudding” – is similar to the traditional American version, save for a couple of ingredients. To make arroz con leche at home, simply follow this recipe, which makes 6 to 8 servings:
- Boil a ½ cup of white rice with lemon zest, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and 1 cinnamon stick until the rice is cooked. Depending on personal preference, the lemon rinds may be removed with a slotted spoon or left in the rice.
- Add 4 ¼ cups of milk, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and 1 cup of sugar to the cooked rice
- Once all the ingredients are mixed in, cook them on medium heat, stirring occasionally until the rice pudding thickens and achieves a desirable texture
- Put the warm rice pudding in a glass container and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Enjoy either warm or chilled.
If you enjoy cooking, you’ll be able to make a variety of desserts in the spacious kitchens found at our apartments near The Villages, FL. Additionally, our homes have glass top stoves, large 18-cubic-foot refrigerators, and oversized wood cabinetry. Contact PepperTree Apartment Homes today to learn more about our community.