Homemade Fettuccini Alfredo
For pasta lovers, there are few things as delectable as a steaming plate of delicious fettuccini Alfredo. As a highly popular dish, it’s commonly found on many restaurant menus, as well as premade and frozen in grocery stores. However, those who want to try their hand at making this dish at home will be happy to know it’s fairly simple and straightforward. Here is one easy-to-follow recipe to make 6 servings of homemade fettucine Alfredo:
- Melt a ½ cup of butter in a medium saucepan
- Once the butter is melted, add 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- When the cream cheese is softened, add 1 pint of heavy cream
- Season with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly
- Remove from heat and stir in 6 to 8 ounces of parmesan cheese
- Lastly, serve over hot fettucine noodles, and plate to serve
Fettucine Alfredo can be served with sides like garlic bread, broccoli, or Caesar salad. It can also include chicken, crabmeat, shrimp, or another preferred protein, so those who prepare it can feel free to customize it. Additionally, fettucine Alfredo can be made into a lighter dish by using about 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, 1.5 cups of chicken stock, and 1.5 cups of low-fat milk in lieu of the butter, cream cheese, and heavy cream.
Anyone can make their preferred recipes in the spacious kitchens found in our apartments close to The Villages, FL. PepperTree Apartment Homes has an array of community amenities, including a clubhouse/pool area, a social room with billiards and flat-screen TVs, and a workout center. To learn more about our community, call us today or stop by for a tour.