Learning Common Golfing Terms at Our Apartments for Rent near The Villages, FL
At PepperTree Apartment Homes, our residents enjoy a variety of hobbies. From reading to knitting to photography, they have a wealth of knowledge and expertise on a wide variety of subjects. Many of our residents also enjoy a nice round of golf every once in a while. With a variety of wonderful golf courses located in and around The Villages, it is a sport that can be enjoyed on a beautiful morning or afternoon, almost any time of the year.
To get started in golfing, it’s important to remember a few terms that will help golf novices to understand the game:
• Back nine – the last nine holes of an 18-hole golf course
• Par – the score an accomplished player is expected to achieve on a hole
• Birdie – a score of one under par on any given hole
• Bogey – a hole played in one stroke over par
• Fore – shouted as a warning when an airborne ball may possibly hit another player or spectator
• Green – the area of specially prepared grass where the hole and flagstick are located, and where putting action occurs
• Lag – a long putt, used to get the ball closer to the hole
The above words are just a sampling of golf terminology used by golfers everywhere. While it’s not important to know everything for that first round on the links, it’s a good idea to have a working knowledge of some of the most common words.
Our apartments for rent near The Villages, Florida, feature modern appliances in bisque, oversized maple and oak kitchen cabinets, utility rooms with hookups for a full-size washer and dryer, enormous walk-in closets, and airy patios with storage closets. Call us today, or stop by our leasing office for a tour.