How to Make Homemade Eggnog
Eggnog is known as a classic holiday drink. Unfortunately for eggnog lovers, this sweet, creamy beverage is only available in grocery stores for a few months each year. However, there is good news: eggnog can be easily made at home with a few simple ingredients.
Anyone who would like to try their hand at making this unique drink can rely on the following recipe, which yields about six servings, for an amazingly delicious eggnog:
- Take 6 eggs and separate the yolk from the whites in each one. Make sure to place the whites in one bowl and yolks in another. Cover the bowl that contains the egg whites and refrigerate it.
- Whisk the egg yolks with 1 cup of sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- Combine 2 cups of whole milk and 1 cup of heavy cream with the egg yolk mixture. Whisk again until all ingredients are thoroughly blended together.
- Refrigerate the bowl that has the milk, cream, and yolk mixture and make sure it chills for a minimum of one hour.
- Grab the bowl with the eggs whites and whisk them until peaks form. Most cooks find it easier to do this with a blender or hand mixer.
- Gently fold the whites into the eggnog, which will give the beverage a creamier texture.
- Transfer the eggnog to a pitcher or another preferred container. Serve in individuals glasses and top with cinnamon or nutmeg.
You can make this delightful eggnog in our apartments close to The Villages, FL. Stop by PepperTree Apartment Homes today to see our beautiful property for yourself.