Four Protein-Packed, On-the-Go Snacks
Foods that are high in protein can help keep you full even in small portions. This is useful for anyone who has a hectic schedule and can’t always plan out meals. If this applies to you, here are four protein-packed snacks to try:
- Almonds – It’s easy to find a wide array of flavored almonds at most grocery stores. This is useful because, not only does a 1/3 cup of almonds have 7 grams of protein, but the different flavors can help satisfy the craving for a savory or sweet snack.
- Peanut butter on toast – Spreading two tablespoons of peanut butter on a whole wheat toast adds 8 grams of protein and almost 2 grams of fiber to your diet.
- Greek yogurt and granola – A cup of fat-free yogurt has 8 grams of protein, while a 1/2 cup of high-protein granola has around 10 grams. Combine these two for a flavorful snack that packs around 18 grams of protein per serving.
- Beef jerky – While beef jerky can be high in sodium, it does come in low-sodium or lightly-flavored variations. This is good news because a single ounce of beef jerky contains 9 grams of protein.
- Hardboiled eggs – Two large eggs contain about 12 grams of protein. When you boil them beforehand, they become even easier to eat – simply peel off the shell and enjoy.
You’d be able to enjoy any of the snacks above in the spacious kitchens of our apartments by The Villages, FL. If you’d like to learn more about our community or are interested in scheduling a tour, contact us today.