Recipe for a Delectable Seafood Bisque
A rich seafood bisque is an ideal dish for a fulfilling, savory dinner. Those who’d like to try their hand at making one can follow the recipe below, which serves 8.
- Sauté ½ a cup of chopped shallots in ½ a pound of butter until the shallots begin to brown
- Add ½ a cup of flour and stir with a whisk for 5 minutes on low heat, and then set it aside
- In a separate pot, bring one quart of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon of chicken base, 14 ounces of canned baby clams, ⅔ of a pound of cooked and chopped crabmeat, ½ a pound of uncooked and deveined shrimp, and whole pieces of raw salmon and cod
- Once the water begins boiling again, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes
- After the 5 minutes are up, strain the stock into a separate pot
- Mix in the shallot and butter mixture with the stock
- Add 1 cup of heavy cream and 1 cup of half and half to the stock, bring it to a simmer on low heat, and cook until thickened, which should take approximately 5 minutes
- Add the cooked seafood to the thickened mixture
- Finish the seafood bisque by adding ½ a cup of dry sherry and keep on low heat for an additional 3 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper
Anyone can make this delicious seafood bisque recipe using the glass top stoves found in our apartments by The Villages, FL. If you’d like to learn more about the other features available in our apartments, or if you have any questions about how you can become a resident of PepperTree Apartment Homes, contact us today.