Five Must-Watch Romantic Movies
Romance is one of the most popular movie genres. Due to the wide selection, it can be difficult knowing which romantic films are worth watching, though. To make it easier for anyone wanting to watch a good love story, here are five recommendations:
- The Notebook – Based on the Nicholas Sparks novel of the same name, The Notebook tells the story of two teenagers who fall in love in the 1940s. When they’re torn apart by the young woman’s parents, viewers are left to wonder whether – and how – they will reunite.
- Titanic – This giant blockbuster, which revisits the tragic tale of the infamous 1912 shipwreck, has a bit of everything, including history, action, and, of course, romance.
- Atonement – This dark story portrays the challenges faced by a couple in the 1930s after one of them is accused of a heinous crime they didn’t commit. The film is based on Ian McEwan’s novel, also called Atonement.
- 500 Days of Summer – This film explores the end of a romance while showing the beginning stages and the moments when the relationship began to fall apart. Although it’s not a happy-go-lucky film, its humorous scenes offer comic relief.
- Something’s Gotta Give – Romantic films that focus on older couples aren’t very common in Hollywood, which is part of what makes this movie stand out. It tells the oftentimes funny story of an older, divorced woman and her relationship with a man her age who has only dated younger women.
The spacious living rooms of our apartments near The Villages, FL, are wonderful places to sit back and watch movies. To learn more about our apartment community, contact us today.