10 Items to Always Keep in Our Apartments by The Villages
While the weather in Florida is sunny nearly year-round, there is always the risk of rainy and windy tropical weather, from relentless thunderstorms to hurricanes. While emergency weather situations are rare, it’s always a good idea to have supplies ready in case severe weather does arise. Here at PepperTree Apartment Homes, we encourage all of our residents to keep at least 10 basic emergency supplies in their apartments at all times.
These items include:
- Several gallons of drinking water per person
- A flashlight
- A battery operated AM/FM radio
- Extra batteries for your flashlight, radio, and any other battery-powered devices that will be useful if the power goes out
- Necessary prescribed medications and pain relievers
- A first aid kit containing gauze, bandages, burn cream, and other healthcare supplies
- An extra pair of glasses or contacts if you use them
- Nonperishable food items, including canned food. Try to maintain a mixture of vegetables and protein sources, such as SPAM and Vienna sausages
- A blanket, jacket, or other form of portable insulation to help you maintain body heat
- Personal hygiene supplies, including shampoo, soap, toothpaste, and a toothbrush
With these items on hand, you’ll be prepared to weather nearly any storm. To learn more about our apartments by The Villages, contact our leasing office today.