Discovering Online Radio in Our Apartments Near The Villages
If you love listening to music, but don’t have a massive music collection and aren’t able to invest large amounts of time and money purchasing one, then perhaps online radio might be the revelation you’ve been looking for. Over the last few years, a number of excellent online radio websites and providers have surfaced to allow you to listen to exactly the styles and subgenres of music that you love, many for free or for a low monthly cost.
While you can feel free to try any online radio provider, here at PepperTree Apartment Homes we have compiled a list of some of the very best online radio providers so that you can find one that suits you:
- Pandora – The original giant of the Internet radio scene, Pandora is a free service that avoids copyright restrictions through a simple mechanism. After you input the name of one of your favorite artists, Pandora will construct a playlist of similar music, occasionally peppering in the artist in question. You can give a thumbs up rating if you like any of the songs presented, or a thumbs down to skip the song and prevent it from playing again. In this way, Pandora tailors the station to your taste, but there are limitations on the number of skips you can perform in a given time period. In order to remove all advertisements and have unlimited skips, you can subscribe to Pandora One for $36 a year.
- Spotify – Spotify is a free, ad-supported service that acts as a massive external hard drive, allowing you to play entire songs and albums as if you owned the CD. In addition to allowing you direct control over what you listen to, it also scans and indexes your existing music collection on your computer and uses that information to suggest similar new artists or new releases from your old favorites. The service is free for six months, but after that, the site limits the hours per day that you can access it. To avoid this limitation, you can subscribe for $5 a month.
- SHOUTcast – SHOUTcast, one of the newer Internet radio stations on this list, has nonetheless made a serious impact with its excellent selection. SHOUTcast has over 700 stations, including obscure niches like gothic metal, 1920s big band swing remixes, and everything in between, making it ideal for fans of more unusual music.
- TuneIn Radio – TuneIn Radio functions differently from many other online radio providers in that it is not an Internet radio station so much as it is an application that allows you to listen to radio stations from around the world free of charge. TuneIn is also available as a $1 mobile app for every smart phone and tablet currently on the market.
- Slacker – Slacker is an Internet radio station devoted to personalization. Slacker functions similar to Pandora, but each playlist is monitored by an actual human DJ who loves that genre of music. Furthermore, Slacker allows you the option of outright banishing artists or songs that you don’t like. Slacker’s combination of an excellent selection of music and in-depth personalization allows you to listen to exactly what you want.
No matter which radio station you choose, you now have access to millions of songs at your fingertips that you can listen to from the comfort of our apartments near The Villages.