Residents of Our Wildwood, Florida Apartments Are Always Looking for New Ways to Organize
Just as all individuals are unique, everyone’s style of personal organization is also unique. Some of us are stackers, some of us are sorters, and some of us are filers.
When it comes to bills, however, organization is one of the keys to staying current on your payments and keeping your finances in check. To help our residents sort through the clutter, we’ve collected a variety of tips and tricks to help you get organized, no matter what your organizational style is.
- When your mail first comes in, sort pending bills from other important mail.
- Decide whether you want to keep your pending bills sorted by the sender, month, due date, or other system.
- Go through your bills once a week, such as every weekend, just to make sure you haven’t missed anything.
- Maintain a spreadsheet or booklet where you write down your budget every month and all the bills you expect to pay for the month. That way, it will be easier for you to notice if a bill hasn’t come in the mail. After all, most companies expect timely payments, even if the bill was lost in the mail.
- Designate a few days each month to pay all of your bills, or, if you are able to, pay your bills as soon as they come in.
- Keep bills in one place. A good suggestion is our spacious kitchen counters in our Wildwood, Florida apartments. If you want a bit more privacy, consider a special filing cabinet in your home office or a small drawer in your bedroom.
- Paying bills online is a great way to save money on postage costs, reduce waste, and you won’t have to worry about your bills getting lost in the mail.
- You may be able to have some regular bills charged directly to your bank account each month, potentially saving you from paying late fees.
A key to organization is constantly learning what works best for your lifestyle. If a method suddenly isn’t working for you, it’s possible something in your life has changed. Don’t be afraid to find new ways to organize. Have fun and experiment with the above tricks or other clever ideas you come across.