Apartments for Rent in Wildwood Are Perfect For Making a Quiche
Although most people think that the quiche originated in France, it was actually created by Germans in a medieval region called Lotharingia, which the French later took over and named Lorraine. “Quiche Lorraine” was the original quiche, which consisted of a pie filled with egg, custard, and bacon. Cheese and onions were later added as variations.
These days, just about anything goes in this popular dish that can be eaten for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. You can experiment with different kinds of meat, seafood, and vegetables, though it’s a good idea to stay consistent with your use of puff pastry, eggs, and cheese.
Follow the steps below to make an easy, traditional quiche Lorraine:
- If you’re a beginner chef, buy some pastry pie crust dough that’s ready to roll out. This can usually be found in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store.
- In a sauce pan, fry about 10 slices of bacon until they’re crisp. Chop the bacon and combine with ¼ cup of minced onion and 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese.
- Spread your pastry dough across a round, greased pie pan, then spread the bacon-cheese-onion mixture across the bottom of the pastry shell.
- In a bowl, whisk together 4 eggs, 2 cups of cream, and ¼ teaspoon each of salt and sugar. Pour this mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake 15 minutes in a 450 degree oven, then reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes. Let cool for about 15 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
The PepperTree apartments for rent in Wildwood are the perfect place to prepare a variety of delicious dishes. Our luxurious PepperTree kitchens contain spacious pantries, glass-top stoves, marble countertops, and much more. For more information on apartment or community amenities, contact our leasing office today.